In class, we will be doing MORE. It is an acronym that outlines the values that we will strive to live out in class daily. Students that exemplify MORE qualities will receive a "Postive Post-It" that enters them into a bi-weekly raffle for a class prize and postive phone call home.
MASTERY - You will be prepared for success on the EOG, high school, and beyond!
- Daily assignments to reinforce course content will be completed in and out of class.
- 80% Mastery on all quizzes and tests
- 300,00 words by the end of the year
- Individual trackers will let you and me know where you stand at all times.
OPTIMISM - Attitude is everything and this class requires a positive, "can do" mindset!
- Appreciate that education opens the door to opportunities.
- We will celebrate our progress and achievements.
- We have shout-out Friday’s, where each student has a moment to reflect on another student’s great moment.
- We learn from our mistakes to avoid a similar outcome in the future.
- Believe in your potential and be willing to work hard to reach it.
RESPECT- We will value each other's contributions to the class!
- Listen to others when they speak.
- Keep an open mind to the opinions and feelings of your classmates.
- Support one another in meeting both personal and classroom goals.
- Use appropriate language and actions at all times.
EFFORT- We will strive to give our very best - every day!
- Come to class prepared and be engaged throughout the lesson.
- Assignments will be fully completed and submitted on time.
- Ask questions, think critically and take ownership of your success.
- The words "I can't" will not be allowed in class